Updated May 2013
- AB 473 Medical marijuana: state regulation and enforcement. OPEN.
- AB 1137/SB 566 Industrial hemp. OPEN.
- SB 253 Controlled substances: synthetic cannabinoids and synthetic stimulants. OPEN.
For more information on California, please visit:
- The Coalition for a Drug Free California
- Community Alliances for Drug Free Youth, CADFY
- Public Safety First!
- Opposition to the California Marijuana Legalization Initiative
- The Stanislaus County Insider
- Citizens Against Legalizing Marijuana-CALM
- International Faith Based Coalition
- Voices United
- NCADD Sacramento
- Foundation for a Drug-Free World
- Teen Challenge International
- Holiness Ministries Coalition, Inc.
Steps you can take to promote sound drug policies include:
- Visiting your Representative at either their state or local office
- Phoning your legislator
- Speaking to organizations in your community about this legislation
- Submitting a Letter to the Editor or an Opinion Editorial to your local media outlet
- Becoming a member of S.O.S.
- “Marijuana Activists Exploit California’s Economic Crisis” - March 26, 2010
- Urge AG to ban pot shops in CA! - February 15, 2011
In the News
- FAILURE TO LAUNCH "Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Act of 2012" Fails to Qualify for Ballot - April 9, 2012
- More Sacramento-area newborns suffer withdrawal resulting from moms' drug use - February 14, 2012
- APNewsBreak: AG seeks changes to CA medi-pot laws - December 27, 2011
- Appeals court rules cities can ban medical marijuana dispensaries - November 11, 2011
- Medical Marijuana Ruling - November 10, 2011
- San Diego judge: Landlords can evict pot dispensaries - November 8, 2011
- Is Pot Going to Pot? - October 24, 2011
- Fed threat gets results as Calif pot shops close - October 24, 2011
- Pot And Why Not, By Alexandra Datig - October 12, 2011
- Rand reconsiders pot-shop study after L.A. city attorney complains - October 12, 2011
- Commend California US Attorneys! - October 11, 2011
- Gov. Jerry Brown gives cities power over pot shops - September 2, 2011
- Medical marijuana not an agricultural crop, judge rules - August 12, 2011
- US uproots massive marijuana complex - August 1, 2011
- California No. 1 in marijuana admissions - January 3, 2011
- Judge issues injunction against L.A.'s medical marijuana law - December 14, 2010
- Attorney General Eric Holder: Federal laws enforced even if marijuana bill in California passes - October 18, 2010
- Save Our Society From Drugs Applauds Feds for Opposing Prop 19 - October 15, 2010
- Opinion: Legalizing marijuana is a misguided solution - April 5, 2010
- California Athletic Commission on medical marijuana - December 2, 2009
- Ric Llewellyn: So-called medical marijuana is a con - August 28, 2009
- Harden: Legalizing marijuana would be a recipe for disaster - August 10, 2009
- Not about Compassion—It’s about Money - August 10, 2009